NOTICE: We will NOT transfer ANY pistols with a stabilizing brace of any kind due to the newly published ATF Pistol Brace Rule.
As of 31 January 2023, the rule has been submitted into the Federal Register and is now in effect. ANY BRACED PISTOLS RECEIVED WILL BE SUBJECT TO NFA rules.
*Firearm FFL Transfer Services*
Handgun, Rifle, Shotgun, Lower receiver, pistol frame:
- Incoming Transfer - $25 (Please contact us first before having an inbound transfer sent to confirm availability)
- Outgoing Transfer - $25 + actual shipping costs
- Private Party Sale Transfer - $25
- Private Party Sale Transfer (out of state buyer/non VA resident) - $25 (No discounts applied)
* Additional firearms on the SAME transfer are $5/ea. This only applies if you order multiple firearms from the SAME seller/website that arrive in the SAME shipment.
For example, if you go on a shopping spree and purchase multiple firearms from multiple sources and they arrive across multiple dates and shipments, those will count as individual transfers.
** 5 or more handguns on one transfer will incur an additional fee of $5. Purchases of more than 5 handguns or revolvers within a 30 day period require extra paperwork to be filed with the ATF.
*NFA/Class 3 Transfers*
Silencers, SBR's, etc
- Incoming NFA Transfer - $80 (Please contact us first before having an inbound transfer sent to confirm availability)
- Outgoing NFA Transfer - $80 + actual shipping costs
- Private Party Sale NFA Transfer - $80
- Add digital fingerprint .EFT file for you to keep with above transfer services - $20 (the $80 transfer fee does include submitting digital fingerprints; however the .EFT file will not be kept on file. Select this option if you want to keep your .EFT file for your records. It is useful if you intend to submit any Form 1's, Form 4's in the future)
1. For incoming and private party NFA transfers, half of the fee ($40.00) is due when forms are submitted. Remaining balance will need to be paid when stamp comes and forms are approved.
2. For outgoing NFA transfers, the full fee is due when we take possession of the item.
3. For NFA transfers:
- If the application is submitted as an individual, there will be no need for a Virginia background check when the stamp is approved and item ready to be picked up.
- If the application is submitted as a trust, a Virginia background check will be required when the stamp is approved and item ready to be picked up* . All trust applications we be subject to an additional $2 fee.
* THIS IS A VIRGINIA REQUIREMENT. If you beleive this is not the case, please feel free to contact the Virginia State Police Firearms Transaction Center at 804-674-2292 and get informed. Also, every FFL has the option to run a background check when picking up NFA items whether they are individual or trust. It is left at the discretion of the dealer - I do not; only for trusts as required by Virginia State Police.
4. Transfer fee's are waived for NFA items purchased thru DC Arms.
*PrintScan Digital Fingerprinting*
- PrintScan Digital Fingerprinting service (without a transfer) - $40 You will be provided with your digital .EFT file which you can use when submitting ATF Form 1's or Form 4's.
- Mobile PrintScan Digital Fingerprinting service (without a transfer) - $65 Will travel to you within 35 miles in the Northern VA area, .EFT file will be provided via email or USB drive if you provide one. Covering NoVA areas from Fredericksburg to Alexandria and Woodbridge to Dulles/Sterling - will not travel to MD/DC unless it's for a group.
- Conversion of paper FD258 fingerprint card to digital .EFT file - $30 You will be provided with your digital .EFT file which you can use when submitting ATF Form 1's or Form 4's. You can mail your paper cards or bring in person and your .EFT file will be emailed to you. (If you would like your paper FD258 returned, a fee of $2.50 to cover postage will apply. If not, once the paper card is converted to digital format, it is shredded.)
- Digital Passport photo - $5 Picture is pre-cropped to the required size when submitting ATF Form 1, Form 4, etc
$5 off any transfer service (NFA not included) for active military/veterans & law enforcement/first responder (ID required).
Call or text 703.826.9600 for any questions.